Continuous sustainable development: transport
Moving towards reduced emissions – Zero Carbon 2030
The transport sector is one of the most polluting in both Estonia and the European Union. In 2023, Itella Estonia aims to cut its CO2 emissions at least 10% by optimising its transport routes.
As part of the international Posti Group, Itella aims to be a zero carbon company by 2030. Posti is globally the first and the only company in its industry to have its net-zero targets approved by The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
- The company consistently invests in the development of environmentally sustainable parcel transport solutions.
- To make our parcel transport service more environmentally friendly, we will introduce electric vans. The first of these vans started delivering parcels in autumn 2022. In the same year, we switched 10 parcel vans to Neste My Renewable Diesel fuel – thanks to this fuel a company can reduce its carbon footprint by up to 90% compared to using conventional fossil fuels.
- Our new terminal will offer the possibility to charge electric vehicles. Once we have adopted our electric charging infrastructure, we will start to gradually increase the number of electric vans in the company’s fleet.
- To reduce the ecological footprint of our parcel transport service, we will optimise Smartpost Itella’s parcel delivery rounds to reduce the mileage, time and noise of each parcel round, thereby saving the environment.
- Our employees can use the employee bus to commute to work from near their home at the employer’s expense so that people do not have to use private cars.