Retention of personal data
- Proceeding from legislation, Itella has both the right and obligation to retain collected personal data. Itella never retains personal data for longer than necessary to meet its obligations, unless the Customer has consented to further retainment and processing of their data.
- Itella treats all personal data as confidential information and ensures that personal data is processed and stored in the territory of the European Union.
- Itella ensures the security of the processing of personal data in accordance with applicable legislation. The protection of personal data is additionally regulated in Itella’s everyday economic activities by Itella’s internal security rules.
- Considering the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing, Itella implements appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk.
The personal data retention periods, after which the personal data in Itella’s possession are deleted or anonymised, provided that there are no precluding circumstances (e.g. legal disputes) as follows:
- We retain the data collected for the conclusion of a contract for as long as it is necessary in connection with the performance of the contract during the term of the contract or for up to 10 years after the collection of the data, if they are no longer necessary for another purpose;
- We retain accounting source documents for seven (7) years:
- We retain security camera recordings for a maximum of 30 days;
- We retain the data collected through queries made via websites for one (1) year as of the last query;
- We retain the data related to other queries, complaints and disputes for up to 10 years after the resolution of the respective query, complaint or dispute;
- If Itella transmits personal data to another controller (e.g. notaries, courts, banks, Tax and Customs Board, etc.), the recipient of the data will determine the retention periods;
- We retain personal data for the purpose of making direct promotional offers and conducting customer satisfaction surveys on the basis of a consent for a maximum of 10 years from the receipt of the consent or until the withdrawal of the consent.
Itella takes the necessary measures to ensure that outdated data are deleted or anonymised.